Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I wish if my school does the same

As students returned to class this week carrying brand new ipads given by their school as an experiment to analyse the effects on better grades. The school of Long Island is experimenting by distributing 20 ipads to students and 20 to teachers. However the each pad costs $750.

According to me technology can serve as the best medium to introduce a growth in any field be it education. These days there are millions of applications and out of them most are educational or serve the same in many ways.

I wish if I've had my android or ipad during my school or college days I've really scored well in maths and physics. Lot of applications makes teaching fun and even can make sharing information better. The rules of calculus that i know today I've not know during my school days, and even the textbook was not the best thing to learn from. But now the animations and maths applications do it better.

I wish that someday my teacher will enter my class and just pass the text via LAN connection to all the students, we'll write tests on our ipads and results be evaluated on the spot. Many experts believe though it may look very promising but still there's a need to research on their use as a part of school.

But i believe that the day is not too far away when we will go to our school or college without carrying our bag but with just a small ipad carrier.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

  1. When, I was in nursery and pre-school periods, I used to carry black slate board wooden-framed(sometimes plastic). Now the slates are turned to Tablets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... even i used to, but now we have the best possible gadgets and hence i believe that someday when everyone gets access to them the world will change drastically.

    ReplyDelete